Saturday, May 14, 2011

Last-minute packing...

So many decisions... so little time and energy. What to wear on the plane, what to carry on, what to pack away, what pills to have on me.

I stopped by Border's the other day because they are going out of business. And frankly, I cannot pass up a sale. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but books were 80% off. I couldn't help myself. I walked out with a bunch of goodies I thought I might read on the plane: Holidays on Ice (Sedaris), My Friend Leonard (Frey), Excuses Begone! (Dyer), Hard Laughter (Lamott) and Where the God of Love Hangs Out (Bloom). Seemed like a good combination of laughter and tears.

The book I really wanted to buy was Tina Fey's Bossypants. But it just seemed silly to carry on a hardcover. Then my sister-in-law talked me into it. Tina Fey, you're coming to Bali! And, wait a minute, is that a kippah on her head??

I've narrowed it down to three books: Bossypants, The Five Things We Cannot Change and a sad handwritten novel that I plan on enhancing. 

My flight leaves at 1:30 Monday morning. YIKES!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to love love love Bossypants! It is worth the extra weight of carrying the hardback. Miss you already! xoxoxo Shelly

May 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger PDmaX said...

I love it already! (But the volume of my laughter was a bit embarrassing on the airplane.)

May 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home