Sunday, May 22, 2011

From paradise to Pppparadise


I can't believe I've been here less than a week. Every day has been different. For the first few days, we stayed in a little house called Villa Kita in a neighborhood called Penestanen – known for its black magic. But some say the "black magic" is everywhere. In fact, it's common to see black and white plaid cloths draping statues all over town. To me it looks like a throwback to 80's fashion and the clothes make it look like the statues are wearing mini-skirts. I have learned that the black and white is in place to embrace and acknowledge both good and bad spirits. It was explained that all of us have both inside of us and that both are all around us. Everyone must find balance between the two. I'm still not sure what it means to be in a neighborhood known specifically for the black magic, but once I saw the next place we'd be staying, I was more than happy to vacate the 'hood. Not that the swimming pool under the stars and my huge princess bedroom wasn't charming… 

But this place is spectacular. I've named it "My Palace." This is me in my outdoor bathtub:
This is where we go to unwind:
We pass this on our way into the house:
Not sure what this is but I had to stick my head in the hole:
One of the views from the second floor:
Here's where I like to eat breakfast:
So far, aside from the amazing beauty of Ubud, my favorite part of Bali is definitely the people and their smiles. I have found that, in general, people look you right in the eye and smile. I've been told by many locals that relationships here are everything. It's no wonder the moment you meet, you are truly seen. Unless, of course, they have something much better to look at...




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... your place IS spectacular! The fact that you had to stick your head through the white key hole? Ummm... it would be odd if you didn't. -Shelly

May 25, 2011 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering what Freud would say about the head in the hole photo... I'm just saying...

—Stacey

May 30, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home