Thursday, June 16, 2011

When in Rome...

I learned about this healer, Dewa, from another Bay Area visitor. I saw her before she went to him and then after. Something had changed in her. Mostly she seemed way more calm and relaxed. She gushed about him. I thought I'd check it out. I called to make an appointment. I had no idea how I would find him because between his accent and our terrible cell connection, all I could make out was "Yes. Tomorrow afternoon. I am near Tutu Pasta hotel and Bali Kafe.See you." Why anyone would use the word pasta to name a hotel was beyond me. But this is Bali so I went with it. Elizabeth (a left over NYU student who I've been rooming with) and I rode our scooters to Kafe and called him from the street. After about 20 minutes and several phone calls, we finally figured out what he meant by, "Noooo! Walk up the street, find pasta hotel, turn left. Wait there, I come for you." He worked out of a little shack. The middle of the room had a carpet and two square cushions. A pink mattress was resting against the far wall and he had dirty ashtrays all over the place. We were invited to sit on cushions, he sat on a chair. Elizabeth immediately changed her mind about having a reading. She asked if she could just watch. I still didn't really know why I was there. I told him about some physical pain and let him do his thing. I remember him asking me if I wanted to be strong. He closed his eyes and did what you'd expect a healer to do. At least it's what I expected -- he moved his arms around my body w/out touching me, and seemingly threw air away from me. At first he asked if I felt the energy. I didn't. Perhaps it was because I was just staring at this odd practice wondering if he was the real deal. When I said I didn't feel anything, he sternly said, "Are you sure?" I closed my eyes, inhaled and all of a sudden I felt as if I was surrounded by thick air. Then something happened to me that I've only felt twice in my life -- every beat in my body aligned. It happened once when I was having acupuncture done and a few weeks ago during a temple blessing we were a part of (sorry, haven't gotten to that story yet). At any rate, when this happens to me, I can't help but pay attention. It feels like my body is rocking itself. I was once told that it means your chakras are all aligned. So I felt something. But whatever. I wasn't sure what that meant. He ended up doing something with Elizabeth too. She didn't want a healing, but he didn't really ask. He just went to town. She seemed pleased when it was over. I was a bit annoyed and wanted to leave. I had regrets about not focusing on why I was there, feeling like I was wasting my time. Then for some reason we started talking about birthdays and we figured out that ours was on the same day. He took this huge necklace off of his neck and put it on me. He said that if we really shared a birthday, I would feel the crystal. I thought he was full of shit. While wearing the necklace, I started to get dizzy. He had me stand up and spread my arms. He then supported my lower back while pushing my backwards to do a back bend. Yes, it was odd, but I didn't really have a choice. I just went with it. When I came back up and opened my eyes, I noticed that my chest wasn't heavy anymore. My chest (no, not breasts, chest) has felt heavy for a while now - as if a hand is pushing on it. I've been blocked and I've had a really hard time writing. This blog is no exception. Up until this post, every post has been a bit of a struggle. Well, that heaviness is gone. I feel lighter and somehow free. It's odd. And I know I must sound a bit koo-koo, but something happened there and I just feel renewed and different. And then I started learning to play the Didgeridoo. More on that next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You don't sound even a little bit koo-koo!

July 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home